Thread: WIP - The city of Ankh-Bathor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Waldronate: Well I decided to simplify things (as Zar Peter describes) so I only have 2-3 different sizes of roads. In the end this part of the town will be a very small part of the whole city. I tried to make the roads smaller but it didn’t turn out well when zoomed out. Everything just blured together.

One funny thing to mention is your reference to Venice. The eastern part of the city actually borrows the coastline from Venice :-)

Zar Peter: Thanks for your comment. When it comes to buildings I didn’t really think about the shape of buildings. To even make it possible to make the map with this kind of detail I’m trying to develop a method that let me create a lot of buildings in quite a short time. The prize I have to pay for this is that the shapes sometimes don’t follow how the “real” world shapes things. But I try to think about it when I continue to expand the houses, so I can avoid it if possible.

Ravells: Yes I know that this is too much detail for any sane person, and the map will probably drive me mad both one and two times. But if I map Ankh-Bathor I want it to be great. I want you to be able to feel the massiveness of the city when you look at the map. So what choice do I have :-)

When it comes to the large buildings I’ll have your comment in mind. So I probably go over the once more, to make ‘em right. I tried to remove the bevel and I think you’re right. It gives the whole city a cleaner look. So I probably go with that.

Thanks for all the input it really makes this easier for me, and it might save me from madness ;-)
    Last edited by Clercon; 01-26-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling