Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Antique Style World Map

Yes, the one with the labels is hand-labeled, it was published in 1790 or thereabouts.

Moutarde, I think I may just be looking at your magnum opus! I tip my hat to you sir.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Hand-labeled!? If I would hand-label my maps you could hardly read anything!

I'm about to go Hand labeled myself. Inkscape keeps crashing while I'm positioning things. Sometimes it goes for hours and other times it just blows up. I have enough problems deciding on my labels at the moment that I don't need to keep loosing what I'm doing. LOL, I guess it's one way to get faster though. One of these days I'll do a hand labeled map though. I took drafting for a bit back in school and still have nice print. It is hard to make every letter exactly the same size though. I probably should learn how to make a font.

This is shaping up to be excellent moutarde, keep going!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Novice

This is the sort of map, albeit in much simpler form, I'd like to create. Well done so far and keep it up!

Thanks Mark The map is currently on hiatus while I'm working on some commissions, but when I get started again I'll be reworking the landmasses - there's some pretty significant problems with their shapes, around the poles especially and somewhat around the equator.

Sir, you are indeed nuts, still brilliant .

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

ouch... i was searching google for stereographic maps and came across this which i'd honestly never seen before and is so similar to mine (in fairness, were both basing our maps off that amazing real-world example). just thought i'd say congrats on doing this before me and doing a might fine job of it too. Hope this gets finished one day.

Yeah, this has always been one of my "unfinished favorites". A shame it has never been completed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast