I'd say it's an appropriate place for the discussion.

I guess my first question is whether Vecna has a secret tower on Pandemonium in D&D canon, or is this an addition? If he did then I guess you'd probably want to stick with anything that's known about it. If he didn't...well then, you're free to play aren't you?

I don't know 1E cosmology that well but I'm more up on 2E, thanks to Planescape. Pandemonium is a cool place, I think...solid rock, bored out like a rotten apple, right? With a crazy, random wind that might ruffle your hair...or pick you up and carry you a few miles. If that's the one I'm remembering then I'd suggest, first of all, that you don't make it a tower at all. How about some sort of M.C. Escher-ish kind of thing with variable gravity that sits in its own pocket cavern? I might not even make it connected to the rest of the plane by tunnels...Vecna was a paranoid sort, wasn't he? I prefer geometric shapes in general but it might be cool to go with something more organic, sort of maybe echoing Vecna's birthing the "science" of "bio-engineering". I'm out of ideas until I go read more about Pandemonium and Vecna.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I loves me some planar weirdness.
M