Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
I'm noticing that you're using photoshop, so you might be interested in the following thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ter-Brush-work

It can take a bit of effort to get the technique down but once you do, it's worth the time. Basically, it allows you to overlap the brushes without the ones underneath showing through, which can help tighten up the mountains and hills so they don't look so spaced apart, yet don't look crowded either. Assuming you have a good selection of hills and mountains (the ones you're using include a great sampling for this) it's nearly as good as drawing them out by hand.
Darn I wish I could apply that to the brushes directly because that would be a handy technique to have but sadly at least right now it would be even more time consuming than things are for me since I am altering the size of my mountains/hills every time I use them. But I think Ive found my happy medium so that Im not cluttering my ranges with too many peaks and hillsides around them. But that technique seems perfect for creating isolated mountains and not ranges where you want to have a central peak with some really tight build ups from other smaller peeks.