Thread: Will be making some generic 4e maps soon!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just so everyone knows, I have only been visiting the RPGNet boards for the past two weeks, but I do go to many other forums with people for and against 4e, EnWorld, Giants in the Playground, etc. So while these latest discussions were at RPGNet, that isn't the only place that I see these discussion. I don't think I am overly influenced by RPGNet, versus any other site - don't get the wrong idea about that. Mostly any forum I go to, if it starts off with 4e, I skip it as I'm a Pathfinder or 3.5 guy. Its only recently that I responded to a 4e thread which got this whole discussion started.

When I use the phrase "throw reality out the window", what I mean is that there isn't always a pit or cliff or other terrain hazard in any given mapped location. Something like a typical city street, while certainly usable for a 4e game makes it less exciting, so throw in a sewer access, cellar stairs, ladder to building roof - adding things that aren't necessarily accurate, yet more varied in terrain makes a better 4e map.

In fact I've already made two different maps specifically for 4e - all of them realistic, yet all of them following the protocols asked by those members...

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations