Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold War Mapping (Titan I Missile Base)

Guild Journeyer

And yet even more...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Guild Journeyer

And last ones... (I believe the last one is a cut away diagram of a non-standard Titan base where the Power House and Control Center are not underground domes, but instead partally burried bunkers.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Makes you think about the countless billions spent building all these monstrosities, and all just for killing people and destroying cities. Truly a grand achievement of our civilization.

Guild Journeyer

That's actually a very 'cool' map Rob. I really 'dig' it. (I'm feeling very punny today apparently.)
    -Mark Jenkins

...I'm using the basic layout of one these babies as the main map in my current D&D campaign. It branches, has circular routes, multiple potential entrances...perfect for a sandbox dungeon!
    In space...no one can hear you whine...
    Help me make more maps!

Very interesting!

The is a d20 Darwin's World module called The Cave of Life written by Dominic Covey (2001) set in a accurately-depicted Titan I missle silo: http://www.rpgarchive.com/pdf/Darwin_COL.pdf

really fascinating subject that also interests me, it reminds me of the renderings done of Saddam Husein's leadership bunker called "project 2000"
    saddam-hussain_bunker_030414.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12