Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 02 - Chashio (The Fey Country)

Default Map 02 - Chashio (The Fey Country)

The Fey Country is much like any land with magic and dark places filled with terrors and wonders and queens who walk in the night and stir the creatures of the world. Just your average country, really.

I'm thinking I'll do this in b&w... and I may give it a pretty dark theme for fun and flavor.
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GuildWorld Map 02 wip1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	907.6 KB 
ID:	81957

Oh, and Barek? Your country may have forgotten (or at least your fanatics have chosen to) but you left that land-to-the-sea abandoned. Except for a very few, your people pulled back out of fear of being tainted and gave no aid to my folk when the Plague swept from the west and delivered half of my country to the grave. Let your malcontents try to enter if they wish. My folk are the caretakers of it now.

In other areas, the Fey folk are on much better terms with their neighbors. There are remnants of the west country (pre-plague) still in existence across the great river where the folk still keep cities and trade with the peoples of Korash and Abu Lafia. And, although the lands of Falconius have swallowed a bite of the old realms to the south, which include some paths to sacred places the Fey folk still visit on occasion, they are generally on good terms and live peaceably with mutual respect and understanding. Less certain are the relationships between The Dry Lands to the north and the country of Daniel Hasenbos, but time will tell.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Greetings neighbour, good to hear the great river will remain the ancient border between our realms as it was for ages, and shall only be passed for peaceful trade. Looking forward to see this develop.
    Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Hmmm... Looks like it's time to send some more plague barges downriver!

I just realized how large that river flowing down our western borders is... In waldronate's land alone 3 or four great rivers feed into it and it is many thousands of miles long... How much water must it move?

It's only 10 000 miles long at its longest. The closest ocean from my border is 1500 mi (give or take) and it's 500 miles from the center of the country to the nearest neighbor. I'm thinking that there is going to be an ancient deity sitting at that there central point overlooking the middle river whose presence ensures a desert dryness the likes of which we haven't seen on Earth for some tens of millions of years (it would be that dry without intervention, but gods are all about taking credit...)

The point being that the river may not move insanely large amounts of water because there are many opportunities for loss along the way. There might be insane seasonal flooding, though.

Of course, I don't get any closer to Falconius than 600 miles, but there are lots of unpleasantness that can come flowing out of an old god on an ancient river...
    Last edited by waldronate; 04-03-2016 at 06:15 PM.

I like your back story
    That looks quite nice in that dark scheme.

No update yet. I just want to say this is tons of fun!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is awesome!. I love all of these concepts you are doing for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    No update yet. I just want to say this is tons of fun!
    Same here
    I'm going to have to pause tomorrow so I can can do paid work...
    but tomorrow night I'm sure I'll be back at it.
    It's like a big world building game

This is so awesome, I love how we are influencing each others lands

@Falconius - There is an old debate between The Hundred Celestial Cities and Zelina about the real origin of The Great River of Life, each land claiming it. Of course people of Zelina know the truth and are sure the Plagues infesting its western neighbours came with the river to punish them for their transgressions and occupation of their lands.
    Last edited by Barek333; 04-04-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast