Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snuzzi`s Journey in Tirothell

Map Snuzzi`s Journey in Tirothell

The Journey of Snuzzi, a poor miner's daughter from the small village of Symdelby in Shimmeringen. It leads her through the world of Tirothell, a plane of solid silver, illuminated by a blue sun, that lies beyond dusk and is haunted by terrifying wyverns led by their dark lord Drec.

This map was started as an entry for the July Challenge. Continued in this wip thread.
    I had a lot of fun "accompanying" Snuzzi on her journey and creating the world and story step by step in the process. Although i feel i can work more creatively this way, next time i try to plan more things beforehand to make the overall map better structured.
    Thousand thanks for all the encouraging comments and great feedback on the way!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tirothell_by_AbuLafia_red_vers.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	8.13 MB 
ID:	86919
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Another great one ! You perfectly rendered the atmosphere set by the generator

Awesome stuff, I love these story maps you're doing.

(I also caught another grammar error in the last blurb. It should read: "Drec lay defeated at her feet, she caught a glimpse..."

This is gorgeous, Abu. I love your cool colour palette and, as always, your mountains look great. Mostly, I love the idea behind the map and the starry backdrop. It's so unusual and imaginative. Will rep if I can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very cool concept for a map! The execution is fantastic as well. The colors are lovely, the line-work is great and I love all of the illustrations built into the landscape. Great work Abu!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Beautiful and very original map Abu! And I love part of the story concerning the Dreamweaver Forest .

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Another great one ! You perfectly rendered the atmosphere set by the generator
    Many thanks Thomas, i really appreciate all the feedback and encouragement! It always helps so much when i'm wandering through the dark woods of creative vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Awesome stuff, I love these story maps you're doing.

(I also caught another grammar error in the last blurb. It should read: "Drec lay defeated at her feet, she caught a glimpse..."
    Thank you Falconius, i'm glad you like the story elements! Well, irregular english verbs have been my arch enemy since 5th grade... XD

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is gorgeous, Abu. I love your cool colour palette and, as always, your mountains look great. Mostly, I love the idea behind the map and the starry backdrop. It's so unusual and imaginative. Will rep if I can.
    Thanks a lot ChickPea! The idea for the starfield background came suddenly and fit the whole atmosphere so well in my view, that it felt as if the map only waited for it. Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Very cool concept for a map! The execution is fantastic as well. The colors are lovely, the line-work is great and I love all of the illustrations built into the landscape. Great work Abu!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Many thanks arsheesh, i'm really glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Beautiful and very original map Abu! And I love part of the story concerning the Dreamweaver Forest .
    Thank you Ilanthar! Yes, it's a bit of an hommage to all the wonderful people here and elsewhere, who didn't give up yet to imagine better worlds (to borrow John's phrase) ...
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

You could make a really great Children's story out of this map and your woven tale. Very well done!

Great map Abu! It was fun watching it come together!

-Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast