Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nubian Kings

Map Nubian Kings

Here's my final map, thanks for all the comments along the way, it really helped out, as always. Thread of WIP https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=36064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NubianKingFINAL8x11.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	89922

The style, the perspective and the border, it is all amazingly good! I love it!

Wonderful work snodsy. As mentioned in the wip thread, i first had some doubts about mixing the sketchup linework with the hand-drawn linework, but it fits really good indeed, great job! I love the little details and your always convincing color palette. In my view the mountains in the background could have a bit more variation in color, but this way the colorful city in the foreground shines even more. The hieroglyphs are really cool, especially the peeing/pooping? person.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Totally brilliant

I think you have the balance of Sketchup and hand drawn just right. Because its so convincing it looks a bit empty. I'm almost expecting to see a person or two wandering around the place!

Brilliant!
    What kind of camera (I'm assuming sketchup uses a camera to render?) did you end up using? It doesn't look fully orthographic, but it still presents a lot of undistorted information. I really like it.

Great map snodsy, it was a pleasure to watch it come to life. You definately know how to connect different software pieces into one good map

Great, great work Snodsy. I love the composition and this perpective view is splendid ! Waiting for your next map, a commission one ?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Reall great job again, Snodsy. Great to see this finihsed and another fine historical map in your unique style!

I love the perspective and the style, great map!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast