Thread: Lift building for the village of Kopfarr

Default Lift building for The village of Kopfarr

Here's the link to the WIP

Finally done, Thanks to all the guys in the WIP thread, all the comments really made the work so much better and realistic. Granted I know there are still a few engineering flaws, but this is a fantasy map, not a blueprint anything else will be left up to dwarven engineering magic.

From the WIP

It's a stone building carved into the head of a dwarf. The lift rises into the bottom of the chin of the dwarf's head and from there they can exit through the back of the head/building to the main part of the village. The lift is surrounded by ancient oak scaffolding, which helps to support the stone head above. The mechanism that pulls up the large chains and lift are 2 large water wheels, once the 2 large levers are unlocked the wheels are free to move. The dwarves then built underground channels from the nearby lake and water from this lake powers the wheels. Hope that all makes sense. Also, up in the stone dwarfs head is a lookout/observation room using the eyes and ears of the head as windows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_lift_300_06.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	4.91 MB 
ID:	111892  
    Last edited by Boslok; 12-06-2018 at 06:00 PM.

The textures and materials on the interior look great. I think the rocks on the outside still could use some further polishing, but the most important areas are solid. The overall layout of the map as a whole looks a bit bare still, it could most likely benefit from a legend box or some other information to make it appear less so.

Nice work, I like the look of this a lot!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks again for the input, the cliff face was the last thing completed, probably rushed it in when I could have thrown a texture on it. Probably will still.