Thread: WIP- Vhode Icelands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well heres What I've done so far, I attempted to do the smudging thing on the mountains, It looks alright but it still didn't give it much definition. I realized something that would bring it out more is to smudge the mask of the hill/shorter mountain layer that I added around the mountains, and that turned out really well. I also adjusted the colors of the mountains to be more realistic. One problem I have, I wanted to make a cave entrance (the shard halls) on the side of a mountain, I did what I thought it would look like but it still didnt pop up, so I added a little glow to it. does that help make it obvious, or does it make you think "whats that little glowy thing there?"

Really funny thing that did happen, is I applied the effects I had on the little cave entrance on the light snowy road layer I had (I was thinking maybe to get the road layer in front to also glow) And when I zoomed out I realized "oh yea, all my snow roads are on this layer" but to my surprise, they looked awesome, like strange ice-vein structures. I knew I had to add that somewhere else after taking the effect off the roads. So I did. But the way I made it, they kidna could pass more for little streams than ice veins.

Thanks for your comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GlassSphere; 06-13-2008 at 01:01 PM.