Thread: [Region 1][Map 20] Riverlands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    I like your map in general, especially your plains & mountains, and the font you used for the names (???).

I agree with you that your road look funny or fishy: they look more like country border then road. Maybe try doing them larger and browner and give them a little bit of effect (either shadow or emboss or ...).

I don't really like your forest; they seem to be missing something (I can't tell you since I don't like mine either ). Maybe put some shade effect on them, cause they look too similar and perfect.
    American-Uncial-Normal and Valhalla (font). The Plaguelands/Gravehelm ones I can't remember though. I'll probably just keep the roads, touch them up in the future maybe. Ya, the forests were definitely the hardest part, using Roba's tutorial, I had to mess around so it wasn't just green mountains. Again maybe in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    So... you have just one river coming through Mythkhardia then.... oh..wait..that's two.. is that one .. coming or going?? lol
    The North two come together I think. All of the rivers on my map are from NK's ft generated thing or something. I can change it if you'd like though. The south one is flowing west. North one goes east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Well, I am gonna guess that it's all one nation/empire/political entity. So if your capital is "Kir' Thaen" maybe the region should be named something similar?
    I was thinking a description over an actual name, the three houses (Tor, Kor, and Tir) were the riverlands rulers for hundreds of years before the Vetaran came and established Kir'Thaen and began overtaking the lands. (I hope this is ok with Venardhi) I guess I should just ask people for suggestions, I still haven't came up with a name yet.
    Last edited by Airith; 07-22-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin