Quote Originally Posted by Mulliman View Post
Maps looks really nice!

Just a question. Have you already set the history in place, or are you doing the map first?
Yes I do have a story to the world so I’m not just mapping. I also have names and some history for some of the central states, but after creating this map the whole world has materialized so I’m missing some pieces now that I have to make up. It’s a bit tricky.

For you who are interested the world story is something like this in a very short version…..

In the beginning the creator god, usually only called “The First” by the few who still know he once existed, created the original world Elimo. He also created seven lesser gods, called Archonths to help him with his creation.

Well the Archonths got jealous with “The First” and killed him, some say. Some still claim that “The First" just got bored of the whole thing and left. No one knows for sure, but the end of the line here is that the Archonths now where the ones setting the rules.

They all decided to create their own worlds, because they all wanted to do it their way. The problem though was that they couldn’t create anything from scratch, they couldn’t create life. To solve this problem they pillaged the original world, Elimo, to fulfill their dreams in their newly created worlds. But everything they created where just lesser copies in one way or another from the original idea/creation. The second problem was that the whole universe/creation got destabilized by the creation of these new worlds. This led to the opening of corridors between the worlds via the borderlands. An area not in the physical world and not in the ethereal (dream)world, but a place in between them.

The humanoids that the Archonths had created learned to travel these areas and empires stretching between worlds emerged. These empires grew stronger and stronger and in the end the whole creation and the Archonths themselves where threatened.

The Archonts decided to crush the threat and threw water , wind and fire against their cities and people. But the Humanoids struck back and a war that no one ever could have imagined broke out. In the end the Archonths managed to crush the humanoids empires but only to the price of giving up their own powers. Some of them died, some of them just vanished and some of them went in to hiding, powerless and weak.

After this the paths between the world has since long been forgotten, but they are still there. The universe has stabilized and the world that is today has emerged with its new Gods, Kingdoms and Empires. Still you can find ruins after great cities that no one knew who build. Walls that no one can break and weapons of metal that no one knows how to make or where to mine.

The biggest city in the world of Etrakien Ankh-bathor is situated on one of the old cities from the distant past. Here the old ruins have been restored and are now part of the daily life in the city. Underneath the city you can find vast catacombs that are older then ayone remembers, and far far down in the lower parts of the catacombs there is a closed gate that hopefully no one will open again. A gate that leads to other worlds.

:-)