Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks to the suggestions, here's the current version:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tirwen09oct2008.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	6953

Changes:
    • Rivers outlined, desaturated, and blurred slightly.
    • Lake outline partially erased and blurred, lake colors desaturated and made slightly more transparent.
    • Desert coloring made less transparent.
    • Continent outline changed to a dark brown.
    • Size of town markers reduced to be closer to village/site markers.
    • Removed the different label colors; everything uses the same glow now (except for the rivers).
    • Svesssiir moved slightly NE.
    • The Smoking Peak now has a reason to smoke.
    • Shading added to the inner rim of the crater.

Things to do:
    • Fixes
    • Remove the lake borders where the rivers enter and leave.
    • Fix the easternmost peak of the Viridian Mountains where it looks like the continent border is showing through the mountain itself.
    • Come up with a noun I like for the "sites" and add their symbol to the legend.
    • Make the distance scale slightly more transparent so that it blends better with the other legend text.
    • Make the southwestern border of the Pag Mell swamp share the same border as the Pag Ora river.
    • After making the desert coloring less transparent, I'm not happy with how the "dune lines" look.
    • Dalmere forest should have a part in the trees where the Moritu river exits it, instead of having a tree growing out of the water.
    • Maybe redo the mountains. I've seen several examples of truly excellent mountains, and Elderbean's mountain redo has inspired me.

• Additions
    • The area between Dalmere forest and the Dunefields, west of the Ironpith, is dotted with large, sakura-like trees -- roughly one tree per square mile. I'm not sure how to show this and still have it look nice; my previous attempts have been unsatisfactory.
    • A bamboo-like plant grows all over the place in Pag Mell, but I've run into the same problem as above -- I'm not sure how to make stands of bamboo look nice on the map.
    • A few more coastal labels need to be added.
    Last edited by waverlyt; 10-09-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Adding to the fix list!