@Jax: Not to derail the thread, but speaking as an optician, progressives aren't near as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Assuming the optician that fit them for you knows what he or she is doing, you'll be amazed at how natural they are once you get used to them (average 'adjustment time' is around 5 - 10 days). The best advice I can give you is to keep them on pretty much non-stop the first couple of days; the more you wear them, the quicker you'll adapt. And remember that you'll get the best focus where your nose is pointing; if you move your eyes to the side without moving your head, you'll notice that things will blur out on the edges. Unfortunately, even the best progressives still can't give you crystal-clear vision around the periphery of the lenses, but as you adapt to them, you'll pick up how to move your head/point your nose to get the optimum vision for whatever you're looking at. It becomes subconscious once you get used to working with them. Good luck!

I haven't personally worked with a patient yet who had Intacs done, but it seems like a great idea, since the lenses can be changed out if your vision changes, which is awesome, and light years ahead of regular corrective surgery.

And FWIW, I don't personally see any outrageous blurriness on the map.