Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: P3 Assault on Nightwyrn Fortress Encounter Maps

Updated - this is the daylight map. I might leave it like this - the white light will have to do instead of white billowing curtains.

G1 Eyrie Overview.jpg

EDIT: blurred the background:

G1 Eyrie Overview resized.jpg
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-08-2013 at 08:11 AM.

This is the Masquerade. I find that monochrome (black and white) maps are really hard to do, ironically. I may do a night-time version too, but I feel this bleached look suits the subject matter (these last few maps are set in the raven-queen's kingdom of death).

G7 Masguerade.jpg

EDIT: The garden here is just a placeholder; this is not by me - it is part of a map called Theran’s Rest by TheSim (2010, Dunjinni Forums, Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums: Theran’s Rest: Gardens & Quarters [WIP]). I still have not decided if I will do the garden on this map.

G7 Masguerade.jpg

EDIT 2: Night-time view almost complete - I just need to shade/highlight the tables, and fix up the curtains a bit.

G7 MasgueradeNighttime!2.jpg

EDIT 3: perhaps done now?

G7 MasgueradeNighttime!2.jpg
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.

The next two maps are supposed to depict a haunted mansion. The first one is almost complete - just need to add doors, fix the gargoyles, and do a few more tweaks. Also I want to add some graffiti.

It is my plan to make this map partially-tileable (to the south and east) with the second map of the mansion, that way I can create a four-map super-mansion. I'm not sure how effective this will actually be.

Mansions of shadow1.jpg

And here is the second map. I have not done the doors yet.

Mansions of shadow2.JPG

Now they are both finished.

Mansions of shadowA.jpg Mansions of shadowC.jpg

And this is what it looks like when you stitch them all together into a supermap! It's not particularly pretty, but it is quite functional.

Mansions of shadow.jpg

EDIT: fixing errors & added graffiti:

Mansions of shadowA1.jpg Mansions of shadowA2.jpg Mansions of shadowOVer.jpg

Made a second version of Map 2 - better I think.

Mansions of shadow2.jpg
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Now for the next one: the darkwell. I had a bit of trouble with the bushes on this one; in the end I decided to heavily modify Dragonwolf's tree clumps from 2008 (Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums: Tree clumps debris). The dead white trees around the walled garden are copies of one made by surfbored in 2005 (Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums: Miscellaneous Trees (More)).

Darkwell.jpg

These maps are really excellent...but why are all the walls white? (its kind of distracting).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

The walls are white because I decided to make all the walls white. Encounter maps are always a compromise between aesthetic considerations and playability.

I fixed an error with the map above (had accidentally forgotten to include a crucial layer) and am trying a few different colours before deciding which one is the nicest. Anomie, which one looks the best in your opinion?

DarkwellGreen.jpg DarkwellBlue.jpg DarkwellPink.jpg DarkwellRed.jpg DarkwellYellowdark.jpg

EDIT: spotted MORE errors; fixed them and tried an orange version - I think I like this one the best.

DarkwellOrange.jpg
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-19-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Yeah, I can go for the orange one to. Nice work Jack.

Here is the first draft of the next set of maps: this is called Nesting Dragons. I'm still thinking about the colour scheme and textures. I like the marble, but I'm not sure how I am going to show the grid.

Nesting Dragons3.JPG

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast