Thread: The CWBP Wiki is Now Open.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Guys, I'm a complete Wiki newbie, but I've been playing with tables. Have a look at the page entitled 'example table' - may be helpful for maps and stuff as you can get the table to float on the right with the text running down the left. Anyway it's just a thought for the editors to use if they wish.

I tried looking into Templates but was soon defeated by the coding skills required to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm a complete Wiki newbie, but I've been playing with tables. Have a look at the page entitled 'example table' - may be helpful for maps and stuff as you can get the table to float on the right with the text running down the left. Anyway it's just a thought for the editors to use if they wish.

I tried looking into Templates but was soon defeated by the coding skills required to make them.
    From what I can tell, the thumbnail code alone ( [[image.xxx|thumb|##px]] ) without any alignment parameters will do the same thing. There may be a case when that doesn't work, but I haven't seen it yet.

Granted, I'm a wiki newbie too. Very, very new.

I played with tables a bit too when I imported Neon's calendar; they're a bit of a pain really. At least to me.

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Somebody needs to make a WYSIWYG off-line Wiki editor...Like a Wordpad that has a code view for you to copy and paste into wiki.

I wonder if it already exists?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Somebody needs to make a WYSIWYG off-line Wiki editor...Like a Wordpad that has a code view for you to copy and paste into wiki.

I wonder if it already exists?
    Good luck with that. I've been searching for that since this thing's started!

ravells: didn't mean to go bursting any bubbles. Well done on the table!

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Good luck with that. I've been searching for that since this thing's started!

ravells: didn't mean to go bursting any bubbles. Well done on the table!
    Lol, no bubbles were harmed in the writing of your message!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Neat! I'll work on getting the imagemap extension implemented later tonight. Although, I think having a google maps api implementation would be better.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I did some editing of the Orvaelos-related articles. I made a lot of empty entries for anyone who wants to work with me in filling out the culture, peoples, history, etc.

I'll also offer my services (though limited in how much time I can put in) for illustrations of peoples and creatures and notable features.