Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Oh, thank you! Yes, I see that they are pretty hard. I do have problems with borders... since I often make these for a white background, and a sharp edge just isn't right. I could put more time into them, but the borders are usually an afterthought for me- if they're taking away from the map, that just should be though.

What I aught to do it print them on brown paper and then screw up the edges in real life. That would be particularly fast. But of course I'd have to do it to each one if I got a few... granted, it is impressive to be handed something that looks more authentic.

Maybe I should experiment with a celtic knot pattern, or some other more frame-like border style. That would give me the edge treatment without making it look over-the-top-fake; kind of an intermediary between the obviously printed and the drawn look.
There are numerous tutorials on the web for producing worn/burnt edges - not that there is anything wrong with the way you do them. But it may give you some other ideas.