Thread: World Pictures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now that the regional maps are nearly complete and we are filling in cities and localities, I wonder whether it's worth having a map of the entire region with dots representing cities already mapped (or in the progress of mapping) so people can see what cities or towns they would like to map?

Its definately worth it. Was that a raised hand I saw there Mr. Ravs?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Now that the regional maps are nearly complete and we are filling in cities and localities, I wonder whether it's worth having a map of the entire region with dots representing cities already mapped (or in the progress of mapping) so people can see what cities or towns they would like to map?
    How about starting with a high res vector version in a format most anyone could use? A postscript version could be pulled into any map...

Then geopolitical boundaries and cities could be added fairly easily by anyone and re-uploaded into a thread...

-Rob A>

In another thread the question was asked exactly where in the CWBP world does the are being mapped lie,,,,the answer is
    LONGITUDE=40.900618° E
    NORTH LATITUDE=64.514710° N
    EAST LONGITUDE=80.466861° E
    SOUTH LATITUDE=30.922578° N
    COVERED AREA=4278335 sq mi.
    I thought I would post it here, as A pic is included, and so I don't loose the reference again so I can find it when I finally have time to gmap the rest of the cwbp maps for InsCarto.
    SeerBlue
    edit, I probably should have said the full size pic shows where the bounds are on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worldwagnerhammer.png 
Views:	408 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	5276  
    Last edited by SeerBlue; 07-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Post Climate

Do you have a climate image we can all use too?