Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Toronto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome to the guild Turgenev. Some great stuff on your site. I think you are going to like it here. Dont forget to post as much as you can. Also check out the CWBP. We are always looking for people to get invloved and its a good way to jump right in and get to know some of the good cats here.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome aboard Turgenev. I've been following your map thread on Dragonsfoot for some time now. Both the variety and the sheer number of maps you've managed to turn out is impressive. I shudder to think what a Megadungeon level would look like from you. I hope you do put up a few more levels of the mountain fortess. Good mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Hi Tim!

Nice to see someone here, from close by in RL!

I'll have to find the time to go through your whole site...looks like a lot of work there

-Rob A>
    Hey Rob. Thanks for the welcome. There aren't that many maps on my site yet - only 61 maps and counting but some of them are duplicates/variants. I love drawing maps so there will be many more to come.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Welcome aboard Turgenev. I've been following your map thread on Dragonsfoot for some time now. Both the variety and the sheer number of maps you've managed to turn out is impressive. I shudder to think what a Megadungeon level would look like from you. I hope you do put up a few more levels of the mountain fortess. Good mapping.
    Hey thebax2k! It's good to see another Dragonsfooter here. Designing a megadungeon map doesn't scare me. Writing up and stating the rooms for a megadungeon is what scares me! I'll be revisiting the mountain fortress again (I have a few ideas about the upper levels and the lower 'dungeon' levels).
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks like you are a Greyhawk fan. Definitely check out Anna's threads in the regional/world mapping (and also in the featured maps section). They are a sight to behold and could well be useful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Looks like you are a Greyhawk fan. Definitely check out Anna's threads in the regional/world mapping (and also in the featured maps section). They are a sight to behold and could well be useful to you.
    I just checked out Anna's Greyhawk maps - my jaw hit the floor! Wow! Thanks for the head's up.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Welcome to the guild Turgenev. Some great stuff on your site. I think you are going to like it here. Dont forget to post as much as you can. Also check out the CWBP. We are always looking for people to get invloved and its a good way to jump right in and get to know some of the good cats here.

Torq
    Thanks Torq. I plan on posting more maps as I make them and I will be checking out the whole site in more detail (I'm always open to learning new ideas and looking at the cool work done here). At this moment, I'm still figuring out what belongs were.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Really nice maps. You've definitely done a LOT of mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Really nice maps. You've definitely done a LOT of mapping.
    I feel like I've just started with my mapping 'adventure'. There's so much to learn and try to do yet. I think I found the right place to do all the above.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast