Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    seeing as in the last 8 YEARS the API gimp uses changed

gimp is dumping gtk ( Gimp Tool Kit ) and moved to GEGL

use the new and current Gmic gimp 2.8.6 plugin

http://gmic.eu/

it has this option already built in
    Yes, that works, but a little different. I guess you mean the tile array random filter? The issue is that tiles can be repeated, randomized not shuffled. If I have a 4x4 set of unique tiles, then the new 4x4 may have some repeated and some missing from the original set.

As far as GTK goes, I thought it was unrelated to GEGL. Isn't GTK more of a user interface and GEGL more of a math thing, not so much interface? I must admit I really don't understand this stuff.

Update: Indeed Gmic does this with the 'taquin' filter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam101 View Post
    As far as GTK goes, I thought it was unrelated to GEGL. Isn't GTK more of a user interface and GEGL more of a math thing, not so much interface? I must admit I really don't understand this stuff.
    Right, GTK+ and GEGL are completely separate libraries that do different things. GIMP is planning to gradually replace its image processing with GEGL bit by bit before transitioning the overall image processing engine with it and enabling non-destructive editing. They also plan to upgrade the UI from GTK+ 2 to GTK+ 3 but are giving priority to the GEGL transition right now.