Thread: Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd actually be interested in this, but when I followed your link and read screenshots I realised it was only for the USA - is that right? (ie 'standard' paper size, coin size and bill size - I presume you are referring to USA standards?). Perhaps one day something like this will come up using EU measurements too; I need to rescale maps for work all the time and this would be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    I'd actually be interested in this, but when I followed your link and read screenshots I realised it was only for the USA - is that right? (ie 'standard' paper size, coin size and bill size - I presume you are referring to USA standards?). Perhaps one day something like this will come up using EU measurements too; I need to rescale maps for work all the time and this would be a godsend.
    Actually, EU coins and currency ARE preloaded as reference objects in the app. However, for use with maps, the reference object would be the scale-bar itself rather than a local currency.

I know there's a ton I can do to make the app more useful - but I'm committed to doing that for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Actually, EU coins and currency ARE preloaded as reference objects in the app. However, for use with maps, the reference object would be the scale-bar itself rather than a local currency.
    Ah great. I'm an archaeologist so the maps I use are often old with odd scales, so I can't really use the scale bars. What about the 'standard paper' sizes referred to? Are these european standards (A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) or US standards (US Letter, etc.)?