Thread: WIP: The Western Realms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Love the palette!

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Love the palette!
    Agreed, and I rather like the mountains, actually. If you're really not liking them, there's a great tutorial on hand-drawing your own that might help you. If you've got a bit of dexterity and the right instruments, I bet you could hand draw the ranges in their entirety, without resorting to brushes. If you go that route, I'd print out a simplified full-scale copy of the map (use Posterazor, given that your map's bigger than a single sheet), just with information on where your mountains are supposed to go and the borders of the land and what not. You can use that as a guide for where to draw your mountain ranges. Then just scan them in, scale them to the appropriate size (or not, I do much of my work at 100 dpi because my computer is weak like a child, and my printer scans at 300 dpi, but if your scan resolution and the map resolution are the same, cool deal) and you're good to go.
    Last edited by Alecthar; 06-27-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."