Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Castle

Ok I've put it where it is supposed to go - I don't think the highlights on the roof are too much. Sometimes I need to look at the maps for a few days before I decide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cathedral in castle ext map.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	49644 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cathedral in castle eint map.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	49645

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks Great. I know what you mean. It always takes me a few days of looking to decide if something is right or not as well.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

After a week of no power, its fun to see all the tremendous progress you made on this project. Great work
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

I love the lighting inside the Chapel.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

You, Sir, create wonderful encounter maps. A shame I have no time to have my group visit each and every site. For now, I will ponder on how get these beauties on the gaming table.

I intend to put a grid underlay on these - let me know if you want me to upload a gridded version on any of those. Thanks for the compliment. I've been a bit busy lately but I do intend to keep working on this project.

Went back to complete the columns on the cathedral (interior view). It's been hard to do columns, but I think I'm finally happy with these. I'm not happy with the internal lighting yet so will tweak that next.

Name:	Cathderal.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	49990

EDIT: Fixed the lighting. I have a feeling I could keep tweaking this forever and never be completely satisfied. I think I'll leave it now.

Views:	145 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	49992

EDIT2: oops! this version has loads of errors. Fixed now.

Views:	159 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	49994
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 11-16-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Here's the new version of the chapel set in the castle. There's a little bit of grid peeping through the main entrance to the chapel where I haven't finished the map yet - the chapel is accessed through the main keep, and I haven't drawn that yet. It is next, though.

Name:	Cathedral in castle map.JPG 
Views:	663 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	50005

I really love this castle, the level of detail is just incredible and everything is so well rendered! I look forward to seeing more of it.

this is really amazing...maybe you can do a mini-tut on how you did all the lighting effects for us one day.

just one question - is the big circular light in the middle from a chandelier or skylight?
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast