Thread: April Entry: The Legend of Mata-Gara

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Another point...

Sometimes - to make things easier to line your new objects with your existing map - I scan and print the area I want to change with the area already digitally erased. That way, I can redraw and insure it matches the surrounding area. I then mask out all to just my redrawn object.

Sometimes I print the area, then use tracing paper, something more translucent so you can see the original print beneath, then redraw to lineup exactly.

It depends on which is easier for you. This way you can insure your line widths match up as well.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

one easy thing about this particular map is that I have multiple sheets of the paper that looks like a scroll, all of which are identical... I can draw what I need in relation to the original and layer them in or otherwise paste them in...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Sometimes I print the area, then use tracing paper, something more translucent so you can see the original print beneath, then redraw to lineup exactly.
    YES! I rediscovered tracing paper when I made my quarry map! Fabulous stuff Everyone should have a pad of it

It is also great to lay a piece of graph paper under to help line things/scale things without worrying the grid will show up in the scan.

-Rob A>