Thread: [paid]Cosmographer Work Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the info guys. For those wanting to e-mail me, my address is;
    crossmlk@aol.com.

isomage, love your random generator. That is the style of "subsector" map I'm looking for. That's what I want a subsector but I have a specific layout in mind, so whoever ends up doing the map I'll have to e-mail that to them.

For the world maps I'd like use the classic traveller hex map (see
    http://zho.berka.com/rules/isohex.gif) and I'd like both a black and white version and a color version. Can a map be made in color and then converted to black and while so there would only be one map necessary? It is not a requirement that maps be made with Cosmographer my thought was since it already has the templetes for these type maps someone familiar with the program could easily create them.

Thanks for helping me communicate better what I'm looking for guys.

Quote Originally Posted by crossmlk View Post
    Can a map be made in color and then converted to black and while so there would only be one map necessary?
    Yes. It is ideal to have a single image source rather than two separate maps; because, if you have two, then any change to one map must be made to the other, doubling the work.

• If you have a B&W source, coloring layers can be added. Some, but not all, changes to the B&W source will require changes in the color.
    • If you have a color source, you can cleverly create adjustment layers in Photoshop (or some similar proggy) that [1] desaturate the color all the way to grayscale, and then [2] adjust the brightnesses of individual colors (e.g. red often looks too dark when made gray; yellow often looks too light). Changes to the underlying color sourse rarely require changes to the adjustment layers.