Currently it is not a public Grid so unfortunately you can't link up to it from outside. I don't (and probably won't) have access to the Grid either as it - in its initial form - is almost entirely devoted to the experimentalists on the experiments for their data analysis. This will start soon after the LHC turns on, but the large data rates aren't expected until 2009 at the earliest.

They do have a sort of mini distributed tool which is LHC@home which, like SETI@home runs a programme on your home computer as a screensaver. That's not really Grid computing, as it can run happily for hours and then sends back results when its done rather than being assigned tasks in real time as part of one larger calculation being done across a network of machines.

This side of stuff really isn't my area, but I'm enjoying flicking through the info on the CERN website about it and giving you my understanding of the information I can drag out.

I don't know - I draw a piddly map and someone reps me. I prove* that the universe isn't going to be destroyed in a couple of months and everyone just passes on regardless. Priorities people?

*well, yes 'prove' is a little strong, but 'point people to a proof' is a little long winded.