Thread: old parchment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I live up in the mountains, down in a cave, way out west.
    Blog Entries

Any advice on how to add tattered edges or wear/fold marks? Just for giggles I think it would be fun to have a wine stain in one corner and some burn marks where pipe ash fell onto the page. Can't you just see Gandalf spilling something on the parchments of Minas Tirith as he's frantically searching for the truth of the One Ring? [curses softly and dabs at the spill with his sleeve as the ink runs, essentially erasing a part of Middle Earth history]

Quote Originally Posted by Realmwright View Post
    Any advice on how to add tattered edges or wear/fold marks? Just for giggles I think it would be fun to have a wine stain in one corner and some burn marks where pipe ash fell onto the page. Can't you just see Gandalf spilling something on the parchments of Minas Tirith as he's frantically searching for the truth of the One Ring? [curses softly and dabs at the spill with his sleeve as the ink runs, essentially erasing a part of Middle Earth history]
    Check out this (really old) tutorial of mine: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...using-the-Gimp

-Rob A>