Thread: Tilt-Shift and Time Lapse Films

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had some time today at lunch so I hunted down another picture to play with. Here is the result:

Before:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	738.9 KB 
ID:	7827

After:

Name:	ts2 copy.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	495.6 KB 
ID:	7828
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post 3D uses depth of field

Many 3D apps, including the ones I use has a built in depth of field for the rendering camera as a filter. Basically, you choose the object you want the camera to focus clearly on, then set the blur difference. The camera will automatically determine the level of blur from those objects closest to the focused object, as from the objects much more separated from the focus.

You can apply the Depth of Field filter to animated 3D scenes as well. Combining depth of field with motion blur can really make a scene both realistic and more difficult to discern due fighting blurs.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Had some time today at lunch so I hunted down another picture to play with. Here is the result:

Before:

Name:	ts2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	738.9 KB 
ID:	7827

After:

Name:	ts2 copy.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	495.6 KB 
ID:	7828
    I think you hit that one out of th park!

The clear blue sky is really helpful in simplifying the scene. Another think I have done is run a painterly effect (oilify, etc) on the sky before the focal blur so it looks like a painted backdrop rather than real sky.

And, as mentioned a shot downward rather than upward helps to trick the brain, too.

-Rob A>