Now sure it doesn't hurt to ask, but asking for "something like the first 5 maps on the slideshow on the homepage, they would be accomplishing what I mean by 'this style' " then I'm going to let you know now that you shouldn't hold your breath. The ones on the homepage (albeit it's a now defunct system as the admins don't have the time to keep updating, so they've been there a while) are some of the best maps the community has had to offer and they have generally taken a hell of a lot of time.

Honestly, I think the reality is that if you have set the bar at that level then no one is going to meet your expectation or be willing to put in the kind of effort needed for that kind of quality as a freebie.

Most people who pick up the unpaid jobs are either looking to improve their style/skills or might have a little free time to knock something together; not the labors of love you see on the front page. So if you can lower your expectations then you might be in with a shot, but if you want something that is as jaw droppingly beautiful as the homepage maps then you are in for a long wait

Oh, and welcome to the community!