Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
This came up today. Theres also been a thread on wave on EnWorld for a while noting similar things....

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...-played-dd.ars

Ok guys, this has me beat. What *does* this do that a VTT cant or why would anyone use this over a VTT. This seems like an utterly ridiculous solution to the problem of online gaming. They say its great for all but a few clunky bits like dice rolls, not having a map, no admin / user rights - like everything you need to play D&D then...

Has anyone tried it ? Has anyone who has used a VTT tried it ?
I have not read the blog, but I thought Wave was quite awesome when I saw the into video a few months ago.

For VTT, I would more imagine Wave being implemented as a plug in type of replacement for the general chat mechanism. The PRIMARY benefit I can see off the top of my head is that in a normal VTT chat you can only type in a message which may loose context in the course of multiple other people talking. With Wave ,however, you have the easy ability to reply (quote) directly very easily to a specific part of a thread which makes for much more intuitive discussions with context plain and clear. I can't say how many times someone typed in a comment that was misunderstood as an answer for one question when it was meant for a totally different message and Wave just makes it easier to do without the person having to copy/paste and then add their reply.

My long term preference would be to have Wave integrated as part of my fav VTT(Maptool) to give it some of the features it currently lacks.