Thread: Tel'lar (a "Median" world)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnyo View Post
    I hope I'm posting this to the right forum: the distinction between sci-fi and world mapping is as yet unclear to me, so I hope I'm on safe territory posting an alien world here!
    I hope we don't come across that strict

They really are crossed categories, with the four main categories defining level of detail (battlemap, city, regional, world).

Then we have some forums for genre (sci-fi) and purpose (VTT, board games) to make these more visible.

The CL's have been discussing adding prefix categories or tag picks to threads to help with the organization, but this could get cumbersome. The best thing is to drop it where it fits best, and add lots of good tags to it can be found through searching!

-Rob A>

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I hope we don't come across that strict
    Ah! Teehee, no, not at all. I'm just trying to be polite, but thanks!
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Wip

Here's a 'stage 2', with something more of a legend. I'm not sure how much detail my map will contain, nor in which forms I will represent the various gameplay data, so there's a lot of room left there for expansion if needs be.

I drew two versions of this political map: one with the territories simply painted over, and this one, which uses the same image data but is rendered as inner glows in order to keep more of the landscape visible.

I'm really starting to enjoy this mapping lark again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100513 Tel'lar (annotated, 1500 v2).jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	906.5 KB 
ID:	24771
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)