Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brave New World

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Odd but the little paperclip icon showing that this thread has attachments says it has 13 of them. So... that's weird.
    I think they are orphaned....

@whtknt - what do you see under your attachment manager (in settings)?

-Rob A>

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Map

Okay, once more with feeling.

Hoodyhoo! We're in business!

Okay, so the one titled Claymore's Map was given to the party cleric by a mysterious stranger. The heroes have no idea what it means or why Claymore was the one to receive it (the man bumped Claymore while running from the guard and slipped it into his pocket), but they have had it analyzed and been assured that the runic writing is Old Dwarven. The sage had no idea what manner of writing the other was, and could not decipher it. For now, the map remains an enigma. Claymore's map was done by hand in Photoshop by layering over the original campaign map, making a rough outline, and then transferring it a scroll background.

The two Gazetteer maps (hexed and unhexed) were both done in Photoshop. The map itself was a redress of a map from an earlier (failed) campaign setting of mine. I changed several landforms and swapped the names of places (the original map was in German because the campaign was in a region that was Germanic in origin). The hex grid was an overlay I had lying about on my hard disk.

The map of Hapsdale was done in Photoshop, but from an original work created with a program I found on the Web (http://www.stargazersworld.com/2009/...map-generator/). I used the program to generate the base map and then added and deleted buildings, trees, and water features until I had the town like I wanted it. Hapsdale is a village of about 200 people and served as the home base for the characters until recently. Deepwater is soon to become their new base of operations.

So, feel free to use them if you find them worthy. If you like what you see, praise is always appreciated. Constructive criticism is accepted graciously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Claymore's map.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	24261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hapsdale.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	24260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gazetteer - Hexed.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	566.0 KB 
ID:	24259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gazetteer - No Hex.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	397.3 KB 
ID:	24258  
    John Grigsby
    Gaming Operations Director, CoastCon 37
    Member-at-Large, CoastCon 37

Currently using Dundjinni, Photoshop CS3, and MapTool
    Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Post Addendum

If you really like the maps, you might also find these two documents of use. The first is a gazetteer for the region and was what I gave to my players to provide background info for the campaign. The other is a closer look at the village of Hapsdale, and was also given to them for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hapsdale.pdf   Gazetteer.pdf  
    John Grigsby

Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I think they are orphaned....

@whtknt - what do you see under your attachment manager (in settings)?

-Rob A>
    Just the ones I uploaded today.
    John Grigsby

Wow. I've killed threads before, but this...

Was it something I said?
    John Grigsby

You made those in a couple of hours? That's fast. I still take forever.

I have my own campaign world but it's always nice to look at others and keep the imagination lubricated. Thanks for sharing....despite all the cornfusion
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12