Thread: Will be making some generic 4e maps soon!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just so everyone knows, I have only been visiting the RPGNet boards for the past two weeks, but I do go to many other forums with people for and against 4e, EnWorld, Giants in the Playground, etc. So while these latest discussions were at RPGNet, that isn't the only place that I see these discussion. I don't think I am overly influenced by RPGNet, versus any other site - don't get the wrong idea about that. Mostly any forum I go to, if it starts off with 4e, I skip it as I'm a Pathfinder or 3.5 guy. Its only recently that I responded to a 4e thread which got this whole discussion started.

When I use the phrase "throw reality out the window", what I mean is that there isn't always a pit or cliff or other terrain hazard in any given mapped location. Something like a typical city street, while certainly usable for a 4e game makes it less exciting, so throw in a sewer access, cellar stairs, ladder to building roof - adding things that aren't necessarily accurate, yet more varied in terrain makes a better 4e map.

In fact I've already made two different maps specifically for 4e - all of them realistic, yet all of them following the protocols asked by those members...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shore-bridge.jpg 
Views:	1543 
Size:	978.1 KB 
ID:	24871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sky-mountain.jpg 
Views:	3333 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	24872  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations