So after looking around, I found some free software/scripts that I might try out.

1. Simple Machine Forum - one of the other forums I am a member of (a private forum for freelancers) uses it, and it has many of the features of this forum, it automatically creates thumbnails of full sized images, and comes with a host of free add-ons, including a gallery/photo sharing app and a CMS system. No blogs, though.

2. Word Press - I've been playing with a free wordpress blog, but I found out I can import all of WordPress apps and templates for free and load into my site.

While the two aren't directly linked, other than buttons or text links placed between the two main apps, and each will require its own membership password, to join. But I don't think you need to be a member of the Wordpress blog except to post blog replies. I'm thinking of posting the free maps as blog entries, with links to download the different available versions from within the blog itself. After initial publication on the blog, I'll then move the file into the Galllery portion of SMF forum app. Of course I can't really skin the SMF forum to look anything like the Wordpress blog other than matching banners and some color similarities, but oh well. I might look into a free wiki, as well, as a place to post the Kaidan Gazetteer, with links from the forum and blog.

While SMF forum is CSS friendly, as mentioned I am not a CSS coder, so I may stick with the default design (or pick a template for it I like.)

This might prove easier than I thought - we'll see.

Well I'm moving forward - I think with a domain name of FreeRPGMaps.com and a little low cost advertising and free marketing should get some attention once its setup.

Thoughts?

GP