Thread: Some DEM processing help, please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

jwbjerk had some good suggestions for synthesizing higher-resolution data at http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-project/page2 if you haven't seen it. Unfortunately I'm not sure how well this will work in your case because you're interested in data at a resolution that varies widely statistically (the river areas, for example, will be different than the plateu areas, which are different from the hilly edges of the plains). I have a suspicion that you're hoping for a couple of meters or less resolution, which is about the resolution of the lines, if I recall. If you can find some patches at the resolution you're looking for then the overlay thing will work, but I have a suspicion that you're probably going to end up doing some hand painting on the parts along your flight path.

As far as Wilbur goes, the light model assumes square pixels and the geospatial parts assume something in the equirectangular projection family, but the software doesn't care about square or rectangle. There were one or two really obscure file formats for custom software that require square sizes (and power of 2), but you're unlikely to want to use them because you don't have the software that supports those formats.
    Last edited by waldronate; 05-11-2010 at 01:54 AM.