Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Felseth

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That ended up really good - the labels are a bit hard to read as Diamond and Lonew said, but maybe thats a question of the size you've uploaded?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Altered the label opacity slightly and marked the settlements. Also, this version of the map is only half the source resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Felseth_Labeled_v2_150dpi.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	559.6 KB 
ID:	25632

Thoughts?

Wow! This map looks fantastic. The mountains, forests and hills all look so lifelike. Much impressed Kalvin. Regarding the labels, they all look good to me except the mountain labels. There is just something a little jarring about the contrast of the bright yellow and the black. I found it to be a bit of a distraction personally. Perhaps if the black border surrounding the yellow label were smaller and less pronounced it would look more natural. Other than that great job! (repped).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

This is such a great satellite style map. My only crit is that I think some of the names should be just plain horizontal. The one top right coast especially seems on that odd angle for no reason. The trees and general color is particularly nice. Really good work there.

Wow! Amazingly realistic. Great job.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Nice work!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Dude, consider yourself rep-noodled for doing something that I seriously cannot manage to do properly (Sat-style is waaaay out of my range of skills).

*Ftang*
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Haha Uncanny Valley. I totally know what you mean. I think I can improve that feel on the next one by planning the terrain types better for the map scale. I hope :/

I got a bit carried away on the curved text for the city names. I'll sort that and the mountain text border in the next revision tonight. I think I might play around with a border or something as well. Something simple.

Anything else?

Yes, another map in this style, please

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast