Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with world map

Default Far apart or not, it would'nt happen

It doesn't matter how far apart the rivers are - only one will exit from the lake (notice our River Police badges) - this is geology and physics, that's how rivers work. The surface of water is one extended body of itself. As soon as a weak point along the shore allows the water to escape, all the water goes that way. If two exits exist, the one that allows the most outflow will be the one that eventually succeeds while the other one closes up - its all physics.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    - its all physics.
    And, "you canna change the laws of physics!"

except for magic.

or good engineering, which often seems like magic.

-Rob A>

Agreed with the others on the rivers. Though I suppose, if you have magic, and if your magic system would allow it, and if the people of Wolvesbane were suddenly in dire need of fresh water (because a settlement couldn't have evolved there without it being there once, so suddenness is required), then some wizards could have created the Perdition. But that is a lot of ifs. And going by the laws of physics, if wizards opened a new path for the Perdition, the river going through Gloomwood would dry up.

On a more positive note, there are a lot of things you've done really well. Your roads are cool, your forests are really nice, and I especially like the four elements thing you have going with the compass.

Guild Member

Damm real world physics, it's gonna be a bitch fixing it! And I kinda need two rivers there too. I appreciate the comments.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

pull the one up to the nearby mountains and let it sprout from there instead... but really cool map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

The "loophole" to normal river physics is human ingenuity.

Canals are essentially rivers that spit and rejoin natural bodies of water as many times as necessary. They however require continual maintenance -- dredging ect.-- or they silt up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12