Quote Originally Posted by Aelyn View Post
Welcome It's funny to see someone who's not only living close to me but shares my initials as well! JM rocks!
Hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Your problem with the height map is that your not using enough height resolution. If you made the image as a height map greyscale image then you have 256 levels of grey and thus 256 height levels. Wilbur and all the terrain apps use more resolution than this. Some use 16bit giving 65,000 heights or even floating point height.

If you drew your image then its likely that you used less - something like 8 or 16 colors. So you need to blur the colors to get it into the full spread of 256 and even then you get some slight bands. Within Wilbur I think there is a blur which given that the app uses 16bit or more then it should take those little steps out.

You may find that your landscape looks a bit too smooth after all this blurring but thats where you need to add noise or perform some erosion and it gets more tricky then. But if thats not a problem then getting these steps out is not so hard.
THAT really brings me forward. Thank you!