Name:  Image5.png
Views: 2261
Size:  6.5 KB
Polygon Line Tool

For the world/area maps I elected to use hexagons. I created terrain shapes that are draw completely using basic shapes. Because I have snap “To object points” turned on, it is easy to arrange the terrain shapes on the canvas. I created silhouette city icons and insert them on top of the terrain shapes. Then I used the polygon line tool to draw the river and roads. The polygon line tool can be found on the toolbar at the bottom of the program window (see insert). Since it is impossible to draw the line when there is an object under it, I draw the line outside of the canvas. Then I turn on “Edit Points” by clicking the Name:  Image6.png
Views: 2302
Size:  762 Bytes button. This will also make visible the “Edit Points” toolbar. I drag one end of the line to the starting point of the river/road. I then drag the other end of the line to the ending point of the river/road. To make the river/road follow the contours of the hexagons I use the “Insert Points” Name:  Image7.png
Views: 2280
Size:  826 Bytes button to add a new point to the line, then I drag it to the point on the hexagon. Snap “To object points” makes this easy. I keep inserting points until I have made the line match the path I want for the river/river. I also used a line to emphasize the boundary between the land and the sea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image4.png 
Views:	2353 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	26086
Sample Area Map