Thread: Is there any way to change your username?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RobA (fixed that!), Thanks a bunch my friend! I owe you one. I'll have to be twice as active 'round here now to justify the change.

Redrobes: You're right, I meant L3DT (which stands for Large 3-D Terrain generator, for anyone who wants to check it out). I had some weird problems with my key too--periodically, when the program would 'call home,' it would just stop accepting the key I was using (this is when I was using the pro-trial). It was a neat program and amazingly easy to use, though. Especially considering that I had exactly no knowledge of 3-d software.

The only thing I really turned out with it was some terrain for a board game I made: Cannons & Crossbones, which was my very first 'map' I suppose. I actually didn't take advantage of any of the 3D aspects of the program--just generated the texture/elevation map which I loaded up in Photoshop to add buildings and fiddle with. I remember thinking it was a shame that it had no built-in function to add things like trees. I'll attach some pictures of what I used it for...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover_Art copy.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	26167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Game Board.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	26166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Game Board overhead.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	26165  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 06-22-2010 at 10:42 PM.