I don't feel comfortable saying what I would like to say about this so I will limit it to the briefest statement I can make.

My feeling is this is way worse than anyone thinks and will forever be one of the greatest catastrophes in man's history and no amount of money can fix it. All that remains is for the domino effect to play out and see just how harsh the fallout is. BP says they will do this or that, politicians say this or that will happen but they are truly incapable of correcting the matter. I also feel that all the oil companies share in this inexcusable destruction because they have suppressed better ideas than oil for a really long time. This flat out comes down to greed and ineptness, stupidity and carelessness.

As long as greed is involved you can't count on people to do the right thing so don't be fooled into thinking it is going to start now.

PS. I will stop myself now because I don't want to stand on this soapbox and I don't want to alienate anyone who honestly believes this is not a huge deal. It doesn't make any difference at this point because what will happen is what will happen. This site is an oasis from reality for me and filled with imagination of what could be. I prefer for it to stay that way because I for one don't need any more reality in my daily life. I think this hole they punched into the ocean floor blowing oil out of control into the environment is absolutely overwhelming.

PS. I stared at this a long time before posting it because I'm just a regular guy and can only go by what I hear and am told. I'm not an expert but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to kill a whole lot of people. No, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Man likes to play with stuff he doesn't fully understand and this is another perfect example. I would be happy if my fears come to nothing.