What's better than oil...

Like I said I'm not an expert but I do know that there have been a lot of motors that have been designed to run on hydrogen, electricity, methane, and who knows what. Often times the oil companies buy up such ideas for millions of dollars and then sit on them. It seems to me only recently that we have seen more and more electric cars, and now the start of hydrogen motors being used. A relative of mine told me about a guy he knew in his home town who came up with one such technology but he wouldn't sell it. He disappeared.

While it's true these technologies were not up to snuff as far as the power you get compared to typical gas powered engines they were certainly stalled in climbing that mountain. Green has only recently become a buzz word and that is everyone's fault not just oil companies so I can't blame them for all that. What I can say is they have done their best to keep a stranglehold on anything that might threaten their golden egg (the sales of oil).

I don't buy into all the conspiracies either but I'm certainly not entirely trusting in the men in power who are playing around with all that money and so on. I also wonder what Oil is for as far as the earth is concerned. Is it like blood to the planet, and if so, how much can we suck out of it before there are serious repercussions? I'm sure a little, even a lot has very little effect however, at some point a line may be crossed that causes real problems.

A lot of why we are still on oil is because there is just so much profit to be made with it. So many things are like this but most of the time folks don't stop to ask themselves if this is right.

And I know oil is used for a lot of other things, plastics and so on for example. No doubt it is highly useful and is in nearly everything we have around around us. Maybe that's ok but then again, maybe it's not ok. Maybe it's not ok at all. Maybe we are killing ourselves because we are too stupid to realize poison for what it is.

Finally, to be honest, I've not spent time really digging into this problem. I'm not aware of what other types of things could be used instead of oil. I'm sure there are experts out there. I'm sure that big business and governments do their best to gag such individuals as well.

GP is probably also correct. In anything there is some level of pollution and the earth can handle a lot obviously, but that doesn't mean we should just keep stabbing the elephant.