Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
I figure this is pretty much aimed at RobA but I would ask here in case anyone else has this problem.

I recently wanted to use an image from CGTextures and wanted to add it as a pattern into Gimp 2.6

I have tried everything I know how to do even saving it as a .pat however I keep getting this error message:

I'm lost ?

Thank you if you are able to help!

Edit: NEVERMIND - After fighting with it several times and breaking down to post here Gimp automatically fixed itself somehow. All I know is when I left here and went back to gimp it popped a window faster than I could read and there was my pattern in the list. And yes, before anyone asks, I did indeed refresh the patterns several times before this. So, I guess there are some things you just can't force on it, hehe.
Hi-

gimp will take jpg, pdf, bmp and most other common formats as patterns, not just .pat files, making .pat files almost obsolete.

The problem you had is the thumbs.db file that windows creates when you look at any folder having images in thumbnail or filmstrip mode 9as a thumbnail cache). Gimp doesn't like those files and throws the error you saw.

-Rob A>