My name's Joshua, a twenty-five year old American, and a wanderer at heart. I finished up university about two or three years ago, and after finding out that there is practically nothing to do with an English and philosophy double major, I decided to listen to my itchy feet and travel. Last year I taught English in Hong Kong, this year I'm teaching in Seoul, South Korea and I've visited about six countries in the gap between those two jobs (backpacked around SouthEast Asia for a few months).

I will need to find a career sooner or later (hopefully sooner), but for the moment I am happily indulging in my wanderlust. I picked up a lovely British girlfriend in Hong Kong who came with me to South Korea, though we're both finding Seoul to be less fun and friendly than HK. I only got into mapping a few months ago when I decided to design a board game (Cannons & Crossbones on TheGameCrafter if you want to look it up--I could use the feedback too) but I've always loved RPGs (pen and paper or digital) so I decided to try and produce some maps for that. I have always dabbled in Photoshop, so this is a really great means to getting into graphic design, though I should probably branch out and experiment with more software if I ever want it to become a marketable skill.

I've done a little bit of everything, and I easily get carried away on little hobbies/projects. Before Hong Kong, I was writing a lot and have published poetry in a few small literary publications. Before that, I was working as an Assistant Manager in a video game shop. At the moment I am trying to pick up as many paid commissions as I can to support my cigar-and-scotch habits (just bought a box of amazing Bolivar Coronas Gigantes), though I hope to channel some of that cash into buying a tablet as soon as a decent 12-inch tablet PC gets released. I hope to go back to school some time in the next few years to pursue a PhD in literature.