Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bleeding text.jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	27027

Using regular plasma (turbulance 1) with an offset of 20 in both directions. The question I had was that I couldn't seem to select the plasma layer for displacement until I had merged the text with the parchment background. I wonder if it has something to do with having transparency in the layer you are trying to displace. The mostly transparent levels only select themselves for displacement with no other options. Am I doing something wrong? The font is STXingkai for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by hohum View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bleeding text.jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	27027

Using regular plasma (turbulance 1) with an offset of 20 in both directions. The question I had was that I couldn't seem to select the plasma layer for displacement until I had merged the text with the parchment background. I wonder if it has something to do with having transparency in the layer you are trying to displace. The mostly transparent levels only select themselves for displacement with no other options. Am I doing something wrong? The font is STXingkai for those interested.
    The displacement layers available must be the same size as the layer you are trying to displace, so you have to enlarge the text layer to the full image size first (right click and enlarge layer to image)

BTW - the water ripple script I've been working on in the other thread can do the same as this!

-Rob A>