Hey Bill, nice work I really like to see the progress of your map, it sure looks like you learned a lot. The result is a pretty map, though I would probably make some minor changes.

For example, I like your mountains, but compared to the water lines around the coast they look rather dainty. Maybe you can make these lines stand out a little less? I'd also suggest you tone down the saturation of the map to some extend, it seems very bright. Old maps tend to lose colour. And now about the tags: Maybe you can simply add an outer glow or something so they stick out more? A light stroke could also do. If you want your map to be old, you should consider emulating ink bleed as well. (There are some threads about how to do that on the guild, I'm not an expert either)

Now enough of that grumbling! I really like everything around the Zal Zind name tag, it adds to the flair. Zalometers! My favourite word of the day, definitely. And your rivers seem to be very thought-out, I like that. They seem to pose problems for many people, but yours are great. Oh, and did I mention the mountains? And about the forest: I prefer the size near Hjyford, but also the different sizes do add something to the map...

I'll rep you for it. Take it as a bribe to make you tell me how you made the Illustrator stuff, as I'm just beginning to use Illustrator and could use some tips now!