Hey wynn, welcome and good job so far.
Your map looks quite original (from what ive seen on the site), and is has features i really enjoy.
First thing, it has a pretty clear layout, that helps distinguish things; guess its a great help for RP-ing this map. Totally love the sea - the shades, the texture, the color scheme - looks more like lagoon waters, but i love it. And VERY interesting, i love the way you rendered the mountains. If u did it in photoshop, using brushes etc, then gratz! ive been thinking of trying to do some manual shaded relief but ive thought it would be much too tedious, having to figure out the orientation of all the peaks/faces/valley for whole ranges. I really like the looks of it

Points im not that high about: The colour of the land. The brown-clay colours u've chosen doesn't strike me as realisitc. Barren soil may look like thast, but not grassy land, not even rock cropping out. It also impacts on the mountains, as they look modeled in clay, instead of rock (imo). The central kingdom area seems very appropriate for a swampy zone, at least for me. Also, the roadlines are a bit too strong, overshadowing other important features, like the rivers e.g. But this are just relative point. I like the overall look of it, and i think its original too. Go for it.