I guess I'll check some of he other nearby colleges' bookstores for larger and higher density grid papers. I was just at the hobby store earlier and while they have mats, dice, and minis available, they don't carry any grid paper at any scale.

Let's broaden the topic, though:

I love working with grid paper because it's so easy to keep clean lines and angles when you have such easy references as the grid lines. I feel that it's ideal for any sort of structure-based mapping, be it a city, a castle, or a man-made dungeon, just because they help keep some feeling of scale and angle that doesn't keep as well, to me, in a grid-less map. In addition, it's wonderful for any sort of scaling projects -- be it a city you need to scale up for a street gang brawl in Shadowrun or a building that you need to scale down to fit inside of a city. Whatever direction you need to scale in, grid paper makes it easy to set aside however many squares your new scale requires and work in that. In fact, I find it difficult to work on such structured things in computer programs because I don't really want to do stamp-based mapping, and anything less than having view of the full page distracts me too much on detail over the concept, even though with scaling my own manual skills tend to make any non-rigid lines difficult, and so I prefer to scale curves and such digitally or with tool assistance.

Who else enjoys using grid paper for mapping? Who used to work on physical grids, but has since moved digital? Who has found it to be more useful, or at least authentic feeling, than digital? I know there's a charm and appeal to hand drawn maps, especially as we move more and more into the digital realm, but has anybody actually stepped back from computer mapping to physical mapping for the benefits of scale and scope? What about other benefits or motivations for moving one way or the other in the digital age?