Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC3/Forgotten Realms Undermountain II maps: Looking for a scalable background tile

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried to futz with the Paving fill in CC3 in the fill style box but I think I would actually need to edit the line width of the pattern at the base symbol level and then try to make it seamless at the thicker width, something which is beyond my skills at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    This one's not seamless though...I'll need to work on that bit!
    Thanks for your help, Ravs.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Here's one that's seamless, but it's not quite there as it's got some broad lines in it...

Sorry...best I can do!

If you want to adjust line widths etc, you're going to need to use an editor like gimp or photoshop.

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bestys1.png 
Views:	2138 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1614  

here's one i made up kinda quick using (as in the previous post) PS stained glass, plus a bevel

Name:	pavers.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	1615  

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    here's one i made up kinda quick using (as in the previous post) PS stained glass, plus a bevel
    Thanks a lot töff - that's really neat too.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

My turn-

Here is one from GIMP using the afore mentioned voronoi filter. Cell base 30 px, hexagonal base with 50% randomness (as the sample you posted seemed pretty random)

-Rob A>

Name:	voor1.png 
Views:	742 
Size:	394.7 KB 
ID:	1618  

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Here is one from GIMP using the afore mentioned voronoi filter. Cell base 30 px, hexagonal base with 50% randomness (as the sample you posted seemed pretty random)
    Thank you, Rob - that's perfect! I'm going to play around with it this morning in CC3. Will post results back.

Must learn GIMP, must learn GIMP, must learn GIMP....

Thank you everyone for your help.
    jaerdaph

No problem - "It's what I do".

BTW, that one is tileable.

-Rob A>

Look nice! You could try scaling the background tile by 1/2 or so. That will put it closer to the scale of the sample you provided.

-Rob A>

Thanks for the tips, guys. Yeah, this style definitely needs some tinkering. I'll start a WIP for it in Dungeon/Subterranean Mapping.
    jaerdaph

That's an excellent reproduction! But how do you get into the dungeon?

p.s. great work with that seamless voronoi fill, Rob! I've popped a copy in the seamless fill texture sticky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast